Compassion in Dying is the only UK charity which helps people understand their rights to make choices about treatment and care at the end of life. We provide a national helpline for individuals, patients, family members and health/social care professionals, and are the UK’s leading provider of free Advance Decisions. Questions and concerns we commonly answer include: “Who makes decisions about my care and treatment?” “How do I make a Living Will?” “Which treatments can I refuse or request?” “What if my wishes aren’t respected?” “How do I represent a loved one who is unable to make decisions?”. You can contact the information Line by telephone (0800 999 2434), letter or email.
We can provide:
- Free Advance Decisions (commonly known as Living Wills)
- A comprehensive guide to ‘Your Rights at the End of Life’
- An Advance Decision Toolkit for healthcare professionals
- Factsheets covering a range of topics including How to Complete an Advance Decision and Making a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Up-to-date information about end-of-life rights under the current UK law.
On the phone (0800 999 2434)
By post (181 Oxford Street, London, W1D2JT)
Members of the public, patients, carers and health/social care professionals can all access the service directly